Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2nd Annual GTL Family Reunion

It has now become a Gordon Terry Lambert Family tradition to spend a weekend during the summer at Bear Lake. This weekend gives all the little cousins a chance to spend time together making lots of memories and lots of noise!! The adults have fun staying up late playing games, eating and sharing stories. I know as our kids grow older they will always remember these fun times they had together as a family. Here are a few of the things we did while we were there this year. The lake is always a highlight of the trip. The weather was perfect and the kids had fun playing in the sand and watching their dads play football.

Joe Joe was happy to be at the beach. I think this is the only picture I have to document the fact he was actually at this reunion. He was actually a pretty good baby during this trip.
Davis is in the habit of eating anything he comes across-- today it was a sticker, yesterday it was burnt pieces of food that had fallen off the bar-b-que. The lake was no exception. I found him drinking the water and eating the sand. If he has no problem eating sand, it makes me wonder why he won't eat his dinner...

Carlie and Jalen outside Minnetonka Cave. Carlie slept both nights in Jalens bunk at the cabin. They became good friends on this trip.


Our family after 15 minutes in the cave. Carlie was scared and cold so I left with her to wait for the group outside. Davis and Rick lasted another 5 minutes and they were ready to go. The caves were actually pretty cool and I wish we could have toured the entire cave. Maybe when the kids are a little bit older.

Most of the cousins eating lunch together.


I found another picture of our chunky Joseph. Here is Grandpa Gord wearing his protective clothing holding Joseph after Joe Joe ruined his first church outfit. What a silly grandpa!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I don't think I have ever been to Bear Lake. What a fun family tradition! I bet the kids loved it.

Mary said...

Cute pictures! We love going to Bear Lake too. Going with cousins makes it even better! I love the part where Davis is eating the sand. That is exactly like Abby, she'll eat paper but, like Davis, won't eat her dinner :)