Saturday, July 12, 2008
Can We Do It?
We took away Davis' binky last night. We have been saying we were going to take it away since last year. But we never did and he got more and more attached. Last night we put him to bed at 10 o'clock without it. He didn't cry, he didn't scream or kick the door like he normally does when he doesn't have his binky. I'm sure he was too tired to notice. I am hoping this process goes smoothly because he really loves that binky. Rick and I have to be strong and not give in. I really think Davis' binky days are over. My little boy is growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good luck with that. At times I wish that Cole would take a binky, but then I hear these kind of stories and think maybe not. Anyway, we missed you guys today. I do think you need to come up with a new cop-out though. This same excuse of the kids being sick when the family gets together is becoming harder to buy. :) j.k.
I tried to get both of my kids to take a binky but they never would - so I must say that this is one issue I can't relate to. Our cousin's 2 year old just gave up her binkys. They gathered all of them in a bag and let her use them to "pay" for something that she really wanted. They took her to Build A Bear and she handed the bag of binkys in and got to build a bear. I guess that it worked like a charm. She knew that she was trading them in for something else that she wanted.
It looks like you had a much more adventurous and fun Fourth than we did! Your kids are so cute!
We just took Trae's away and it wasn't bad at all. I kept dreading it and if I new it wasn't going to be as dramatic as I thought I would have done it long ago. I think it was me who didn't want to let it go:)
You can do it! Just throw it away and then you won't be able to use it no matter what. :) You'll have to let me know how it goes.
Definitely let us know how it goes. I have a while still but Zachary is the first binky baby I have had so I am curious how it will all work out. Eli is a thumb sucker...thank goodness he only does it when he has his 'monkey blanket' at bedtime. I guess I will need to throw the blanket out one day. I still haven't got the heart to do it though and he is three.
Post a Comment