Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yes, We Are Alive!

We are alive and these 3 little kids have been keeping us so busy! Especially Davis. He can find trouble anywhere. He is also so much fun. He is super smart. He knows his letters and numbers and most of his sounds. I didn't know he knew his sounds until today. He is a little stinker and won't sit still long enough to say his ABC's let alone what sounds each letter makes. Since Carlie has been out of preschool these last few weeks we have been doing school at home. Davis actually loves it and asks each day, "Is it time for school?" These few minutes of "school" each day gives me a small glimpse into what Davis has learned in his 3 short years. He doesn't give the information out freely-- he usually needs to be bribed with Swedish fish.
We had our own science experiment in our house during the month of May. We grew our own butterflies. We ordered a kit off the Internet and had them send us our tiny caterpillars. The kids named them. I don't remember their names-they changed on a daily basis. I think one was called Chrysalis (that name stuck). If you haven't seen the process of a caterpillar changing into a butterfly, it is pretty cool to watch. Rick and I were just as excited to see the caterpillars grow and change as the kids were. We took pictures of each stage except when they were actual butterflies. I can't believe I forgot to bring the camera to the park. We took the butterflies down to the Farmington trail and Carlie and Davis held each one in their hand and let them fly away. It was an awesome learning experience!
Our little Joseph is growing into such a big boy! I keep calling him my baby, but he really isn't one anymore. He loves his brother and sister. He has to be right there with them, doing what they are doing. He especially loves to be outside. If the door is open for half a second he is right there crying to go outside. He can say a few words like Mama, Dadda, Hi and Ball. He loves to wave at cars as they go bye and say "Hi". He is super lovable and he gets tons of kisses from all of us all day long.

Carlie is at an interesting stage right now. I hope we survive it. We are getting this face a lot lately (see below). Sometimes I wonder if she is 16 years old instead of 5. She finished preschool a few weeks ago and is now looking forward to kindergarten in a few months. She finished the soccer season with 0 wins, but she had fun playing. She mostly liked socializing with the other kids on and off the team. She is our social butterfly and is always playing with a friend in the neighborhood.

Carlie also had her last dance recital for the year (I will have to have Rick add the video of her recital). She was so fun to watch and I could tell she really enjoys dance, especially the performing part.

5 comments:

Rachel Hogge said...

That butterfly thing sounds really fun, I'll have to find out where you ordered it! What a fun mom you are!

The Emery's said...

That butterfly thing is really cool! I had no idea you could do that. I'll have to wait until this baby is a little older and do it too. Joey is so big! Davis doesn't look that much bigger than him in that picture. And Cole absolutely LOVES you guys. When I told him that Monica, Carlie, Davis, and baby Joe will be at Grandma's with him on Friday he freaked out he was SO excited!!! He can't wait to see you!

Oh and GOOD JOB on your dance recital Carlie!! You're too cute!

Janet said...

What a cute video of Carlie dancing! It makes me want to put Holland in dance. You are such a good mom to have school with your kids every day. I might have to steal that idea. I can't believe our oldests are going to be in kindergarten in a month! (At least Ethan starts in one month. I don't know how long Carlie has before she starts.) Anyway, I loved the post. Your kids are adorable.

Carol Lambert said...

What darling and precious little ones! What amazing and great parents!

Heather said...

We did the butterfly thing a year or so ago and our kids loved it too! It was really amazing to watch. Love the pictures and the attitude! It is nice to see that other daughters do it also...gotta love the girl emotions!