Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Big Five!

I can't believe my baby girl is now five years old! Carlie wanted to celebrate on her actually birthday this year. So I made a cake and invited those that could make it to come and celebrate with us. It was cute to watch Carlie and how excited she was for her birthday. It was a special day spent playing at Chuck E. Cheese with her cousins Brinlee and Aynslee and Aunt Suzanne followed by pizza (her favorite) and cake and ice cream with Grandpa and Grandma Emery. Carlie's birthday was on the first day of spring and it was a beautiful day for my spring baby.
Here are some pictures of Carlie's birthdays over the years. I can't find the pictures from her 4th birthday. I will have to keep searching and add it later.
.
Hello Kitty (1 year old)
Elmo (2 years old)
Joe from Blues Clues (3 years old)

Princess Barbie (5 years old)

5 comments:

Mary said...

She is such a cute girl!

And - Wow Monica! You are quite the cake decorator! Can I seriously hire you to make a cake for Darren's birthday next month (I'll pay you of course). He really likes the robots from Star Wars right now (C3PO and R2D2). I couldn't make a fancy cake to save my life!

The Emery's said...

Happy Birthday Carlie! I swear you get cuter with each passing year. What a sweet heart you are. And Monica you really have inherited your Mom's talent for cake decorating. Wow! Let us know the results tomorrow morning!!

Janet said...

Those pictures are so cute. It's fun to see how much Carlie has changed in 5 years. Monica, I had no idea that you were so good at cake decorating! What other hidden talents do you have that I don't know about? You need to let your friends know about these things so that they can take advantage of your skills. :)

Heather said...

I love all the pictures. Carlie is beautiful and so are the cakes! I agree with all the previous comments. Very good work!

Sarah and Trent said...

I remember having one of the princess/barbie cakes...Happy Birthday Carlie!!